Functional neurosurgery in Delhi works to treat various diseases that cause disorders in certain functions of the nervous system. Thus, the diseases and conditions treated are those in which the nervous system is involved in some way, which may be: chronic pain, movement disorders, neuropsychiatric disorders, epilepsy, among others, in which conservative and conventional treatments are not effective or The patient’s condition is too severe and requires surgical intervention.
The operations that used to be performed only with complex surgeries, today can combat the problem through minimally invasive methods. With this type of treatment, the patient is subjected to specific procedures that will reduce the damage caused by changes in the central or peripheral nervous system.
The people who benefit most are those who have a long history of migraines, low back pain, repetitive strain injuries, movement disorders (Parkinson’s disease, tremors), muscle pain, epilepsy, accident sequelae, and neurological diseases in general. Through this treatment, the patient’s neurological functions are restored, thus contributing to his quality of life.
Through the technological advances achieved, very complex and invasive procedures to treat diseases in this area, today, can be treated by more punctual and safer ways thanks to functional neurosurgery, in order to restore the patient’s neurological functions, contributing to their quality of life.
The strategies used by Functional neurosurgery in Delhi include: electrical and chemical stimulation, electrodes, infusion of analgesics in the spine and radiofrequency. Next, the main areas of performance of functional neurosurgery will be elucidated, as well as the treatments used for each one.
Persistent, high-intensity pains are almost unbearable. It is no wonder that many patients suffering from this condition seek support in functional neurological surgery. With the treatments offered it is possible to block or very negative contraction of the peripheral nerves associated with the discomfort. Thus, the region that causes the suffering is asleep, promoting pain relief.
Another surgical procedure that stops the pain is through a method that removes the sensitive roots. Among some of the pains categorized as chronic are:
- Neuropathic pain: they are intense discomforts that cause pain in one or several parts of the body. These pains are associated with injuries to the peripheral nerves or the central nervous system;
- Pain caused by amputation or avulsion: discomfort caused in amputated regions. Also known as phantom pain;
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy or Regional complex pain syndrome;
- Low back pain: chronic and severe pain in the lower back;
- Myofascial painful syndrome: due to repeated injuries or overuse of muscles. In general, the discomfort can be felt in supposedly unrelated regions;
- Headaches: headache and migraine;
- Skeletal muscle pain;
- Pain associated with cancer;
- Chronic pelvic and abdominal pains.
Dysfunctions and disorders in movement
Neurosurgery for neurological diseases is indicated when drug treatment is ineffective. That is, they did not contribute to the improvement of symptoms in the patient. Through Functional neurosurgery in Delhi, and all its duties, it is possible to restore the quality of life of the patient affected by a serious disorder. Meet the main ones.
- Parkinson’s disease: a disorder that substantially affects and limits the patient’s movement, usually affected by incessant tremors and stiffness. Among neurological diseases, Parkinson’s disease is one of the most common, especially in old age. A patient with this condition is referred for electrode treatment. This feature contributes to the stimulation and modulation of brain circuits. The method is centralized for the following regions of the brain: thalamus, subthalamic nucleus and internal pale globe;
- Tremors: involuntary movements of the muscles that impair the patient’s mobility. It may or may not be associated with Parkinson’s disease;
- Spasticity: alteration of muscle stiffness (muscle tone);
- Involuntary contractions.
The methods used in functional neurosurgery can alleviate the disorders caused by intense seizures. Epilepsy can result from the most varied types of diseases. Regardless of the origin of the condition, functional neurological surgery is indicated for all of the following cases:
- Epilepsy due to temporal lobe disease: seizures from injuries to this region of the brain can cause disorders such as hallucination and changes in personality;
- Epilepsy due to malformation of the cortex: dysgenesis (disturbance in the development of testicles and ovaries);
- Epilepsies caused by brain tumor;
- Severe epileptic syndromes: tuberous sclerosis, angiomatosis, etc.
For intractable psychiatric patients, functional neurosurgery may be an alternative. Especially when it comes to complementary methods of treatment. The most sought-after psychiatric disorders for this type of treatment are:
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD);
- Persistent depression and immune to medication;
- Aggressiveness in patients with intellectual retardation.
Other types of treatments
In addition to treating chronic pain, neurological diseases, epilepsies and psychiatric disorders, functional neurosurgery is important for the following pathologies:
– Intracranial tumors in the most varied regions (brain, pineal gland, thalamus, skull base, brain stem, etc.);
– Brain injuries;
– Brain bruises.
Before performing any procedure, talk to the neurosurgeon in Delhi. This professional will be responsible for guiding and indicating the best type of treatment, according to the specificity of each pathology. The Neuro rehabilitation can also be indicated in the recovery phase the patient.